Did you know that NAMI offers a national helpline?
The NAMI HelpLine can be reached Monday through Friday, 10 am–6 pm, ET.
HelpLine staff and volunteers are prepared to answer your questions about mental health issues including:
- Symptoms of mental health conditions
- Treatment options
- Local support groups and services
- Education programs
- Helping family members get treatment
- Programs to help find jobs
- Legal issues (the NAMI Legal Resource Service can connect individuals with attorneys in their area but does not have the resources to provide individual representation)
They are unable to provide counseling or therapy, cannot provide specific recommendations for things like treatment or do individual casework, legal representations or other individual advocacy. In the event of a crisis call, we will transfer callers in crisis or who express suicidal ideation to a national crisis line to provide further assistance.